Woke up today bright and early, and the sun was streaming in. Thought it was a good time to dig out my sewing machine again and make progress on the Japanese knot bag I started back in January!
I cut out the fabric wrong and then had to order another fat quarter, only for it to get lost in the post and then sort out a replacement...
Anyways, with fresh eyes it was a lot easier. And I realised that I had only cut the fabric wrong in the main fabric pictured above, which I have 2 metres of. Hadn't needed to order more after all! It's a pretty blue polka dot fabric though, and I'm sure I'll use it up.
Cut out new fabric, ironed on the interfacing, then did the same for the circular base except that I cut it out of the incorrectly cut fabric to save on time and fabric as I'd already ironed the interfacing on back in January.
Then it was simple to pin the fabric twins right sides together, and sew up the sides from the bottom. Trickier was pinning and sewing on the circular base!
I've done both now, so all that remains is the handles I think! I'm using this tutorial here which is fab :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8