Monday 6 September 2010

Mam Knows Best

Evening,

Not long got home from work so just a quick update.

I saw this pop up on a friends Facebook this evening. Not quite a poem but I still like it:

At the age of 4: Mum knows everything!
At 8: Mum knows a lot!
At 12: Mum doesn't know everything.
At 14: Mum doesn't know anything.
At 16: Mum doesn't exist.
At 18: She's old fashioned.
At 25: Mum does know about this!
At 35: Before we decide, let's ask Mum.
At 45: I wonder what Mum thinks about this?
At 75: I wish I could ask my Mum!

Simple enough, but it does sound fairly familiar!

Knitting update: Last night we unravelled the piece Mam started in order to teach me with. This morning on the train I started anew with 30 stitches. It now seems to progressing well, and I have rashly suggested I might make a scarf for someone, to which two people have put their names down! Oh dear!!

xx

No comments: