Friday 17 September 2010

Taking The Plunge!

Evening,

This morning I took the plunge and booked myself on a 'Beginners Knitting' workshop at the Knitting and Stitching Show taking place at Alexandra Palace on Oct 7th-10th this year. There were only 5 places left this morning, so be quick if you fancy it too! The tickets for entry are £11 (in advance) and I paid £15 for the 2 hour workshop. I'm not convinced I'm casting on correctly, and while I now know how to cast off, I don't know what to do with the ends of yarn, how to stop my edges curling and how to avoid tension problems creating large loops on the sides of rows. Fingers crossed the workshop (which covers learning to cast on, knit, purl and cast off) will show me the correct way, and I'll be able to ask questions and get shown the solution if I come across any problems. Googling for video's is all well and good, but you can't get them to talk and interact back with you!

Kinda nervous already though!

xx

No comments: