Wednesday 1 July 2015

New Additions

I'm thinking of taking part in the Sundress Sew-a-long, hosted by Heather B. These are the sleeveless dress patterns I have narrowed it down to. I have got a blue flowered french crepe on the way also, but I haven't settled on a fabric yet. 


I really like the back wrap detail on this one, I haven't seen one like it before. I also really like the square neckline and the pockets. Even if I don't make this for the sew-a-long, I suspect I'll be making it anyway!


Far more modern pattern, I like views C and D. View A would probably be a good make for a wedding I've been invited to in September.


Yup, caved and bought the M6696. I'd chose to make this in view A for the sew-a-long, and I quite fancy making view B in the future too.


I really like view A and D of this pattern. The sew-a-long does say it needs to be a sleeveless dress though. 


I bought this one during the same pattern sale on a whim, but I actually really like the shape of it. I'm not that full busted for a halter neck however, but I fancy making up view A or view D.


I had a mini eBay payday shopping spree, and bought this vintage skirt pattern, the instruction sheet inside says it's a vogue 8176 pattern.


I LOVE view B! I really want to make this. I haven't used my new machine's 1 step auto buttonhole much yet, but it's much simpler than my old machine so I'm sure it'll be fun.



I also picked up some bias binding after failing to make some myself. I know I should just suck it up and give it another go, but these were all fairly priced and I thought it would be nice to have some bias binding in a variety of colours.



No comments: