Friday 18 February 2011

Trying to get the Mojo back

Morning :)

Shameful confession of the week time! I haven't done any knitting in at least a week. I was knitting Theodora, a mystery Knit-a-Long, and progressed very nicely twice. Then I dropped a stitch and just could not for the life of me figure out how to get it back! It's a kerchief/neck warmer thing, and the first half is worked in linen stitch which looks great.

I received an *amazing* parcel on the weekend. A month back I bought a Let's Knit magazine that came with 2 free skeins of Cookie yarn, a brown/beige and white yarn with various slubs and tufts along it. I didn't like it, however on Ravely a couple of people were asking if there were any spare to be sent their way. I sent mine to Marie and did not expect to receive anything back. However Marie is a lovely soul, and insisted that she did. A week or so later, 6 balls of wool turn up on my doorstep! (In the post, obviously ;)) I was gobsmacked, so a MASSIVE thank you to Marie, I really, really appreciate it. It was such a nice thing for her to do :)

The only knitting related thing I have done this week is to wind my very first yarn cake! Last week a skein from my monthly Sock yarn club from YarnAddict arrived, and while the colour wasn't too my taste I quite fancy making some nice and cozy socks for Mam out of it. It's made of 70% superwash Bluefaced Leicester wool, 20% silk and 10% cashmere, so it should make a lovely treat for Mam :)

I'm also still taking part in the February YOSS club so I'm thinking I'll knit them up in stocking stitch as 'plain vanilla' socks.

I also have a pair of gloves on the go, an apple cosy, and Gu's shawl - which is nearly finished but I kinda want to turn it into a cape.

It's all just gonna have to wait until Monday because this weekend is already booked as a photography weekend! Need to use up the rest of my colour film and then use a roll of B&W for my darkroom induction on Wednesday, plus there's a competition with a Sunday deadline that I should like to enter...

xx

No comments: