Tuesday 18 January 2011

Ravelry Stashing

Morning,

There was lots of lovely sunshine this morning when I woke up. It poured down all night, and now it's nice :)

Yesterday was a good day. Work went pretty smoothly (always a plus!), then Jamie and I went to Yo! for some sushi afterwards. They have a 40% off deal at the moment. Mine came to £14, and Jamie stupidly refused to print out a voucher and his came to £34 :S I did tell him! He didn't want to bother with registering and printing. I bet he's done it today!

After that it was time to head to my knitting class. I met my friend who also goes at the bus stop so we had a good catch up on the way. She's been ill with flue over the last 3 weeks or so, so I hadn't seen her since before Christmas. Last time I saw her she had finished her first sock and was on her second (both fairly small). This time she's finished a pair of massive long socks in Regia yarn. They looked great! And the funniest thing (for me) was that one of the leaders had cast on her first pair of socks in the exact same yarn on Saturday on the class trip to the Knitting Reference Library. (Which I will post about again!)

Last night, due to popular demand, we covered crochet. When we were are the knitting library we found a great book of crocheted toilet roll holders. We all thought they were hilarious, and started asking Gabrielle if she'd show us how to crochet so we could try to make some.

It's a lot different to knitting :) The yarn wraps around the opposite way, and I wasn't very good to begin with. Well, for the first hour or so I just couldn't get an even tension on my foundation chain. After the 3rd or 4th try, I managed one that wasn't too shabby, then tried to learn how to do a double crochet. That took a while! I got there in the end though, and by the end of the 2 hour class I was quite happily crocheting along!

After I got home having promised myself that I wouldn't sleep until I'd finished my socks, all I wanted to do was crochet! Was a very odd feeling! I put on some Criminal Minds (Ravelry has got me watching it) and finished the socks off just before midnight. Then I did a little happy dance in them, and wore them all night to sleep!

This morning when I woke up the first thing I thought of was of trying to crochet something. Then I noticed the sunlight, and grabbed my camera and most of the yarn that I've been buying recently! It's taken a while, but I'm going to update my Ravelry stash, because I don't like not having pictures for yarn. Bit of a completist attitude, but I want to see them!

So for your yarn viewing pleasure, here are some of my most recent purchases :)



Tom's Mam bought this for me :)


I joined YarnAddict's sock yarn club (they have a lace one too) and this lovely, squishy skein was the first months prize :)


This is an oldie. I had this in the Beginner's Knitting workshop at the Knitting & Stitching show in October 2010. I love the texture of it, but I'm not sure I'll ever use it.



Some Regia sock yarn to play with.


Some Zitron Filigran laceweight that I haven't picked out a pattern for yet, but I'd like to make a shawl or a scarf I think.


My Wollmeise arrived! This beauty is a WD 100% superwash merino in Fuschia.


These are the 3 skeins together. Left to right: WD Fuschia, Twin Ballerina and WD Vergissmeinnicht (Forget Me Not) at the back.


In their sunlit glory :)

xx

No comments: