Friday 12 April 2013

Sewing Again!?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Just a quick post, which adds this blog to Bloglovin's roll call. I found it through Tilly & The Button's blog which Tilly's been using since Google Reader is being retired.

I'm all for recommendations!

I'm currently obsessed with sewing. After months & months of not wanting to do anything crafty, this last two weeks I've been sorting out all my craft wants! I sorted through my Ravelry stash & patterns list so that I now have  patterns printed & yarns picked out for each.

Then I watched the Great British Sewing Bee as I started sewing on & off 2 years back but have found it difficult without anyone to refer to. I was super lucky with finding great knitting support groups it seems! Anyway, I dug out the A-line skirt I started in August last year with Aunty Lynne while I was on placement. I've been dying to crack on with it but I have exams next week & I'm not quite that daft to abandon my revision & spend a fortnight purely sewing! Much as I'd like to...

So in the meantime, I've been watching lots of sewing programmes & reading a hell of a lot of blogs. Which then made me realise my zip (which I was so proud of!) isn't in the right place so I'm tackling ripping it back out using a few minutes each day....

I will finish the skirt by the end of June. I must!

No comments: