Monday 5 July 2010

Gutted!

Evening,

I picked up a copy of the latest Let's Make Cards this morning. I'm looking forward oto using it, there are lots of bright, summery colours, and it looks like it should be fun to use.

BUT I am unhappy that I have only just found out about Bust's Summer Craftacular London that is being held on Saturday. I'm working the weekend and it's probably going to be too short notice to get anyone to swap with me, especially as the girl I would normally swap with is already signed up to work the weekend instead of another. I'd love to go, and I think the Fascinator workshops and Tatty Devine jewellery would have been fantastic to see.

If you're interested in going (and can attend) the website describes the fair as

An indie shopping mall in York Hall! With DJs, drinks, DIY and an alternative food court of sweet and savoury treats.


There are goodie bags(!) for the first 100 through the door, raffle and more. Admission: £2. You need to sign up for the fascinator-making workshops (1pm-2.30pm and 4pm-5.30pm) on the day and places are limited so get there early!

There's also this (which I love the idea of)

DANCE to DJs The A-Maisonettes, The Vinyl Vendettas, She Runs With Wolves (Ladyfest Ten); learn to Lindy Hop and Jitterbug with a special beginner's class by Swing Patrol from 5.30pm to 7pm.


There don't seem to be very many craft fairs in the Berkshire/London area, I wonder why?

xx

No comments: