Sunday 4 July 2010

Watercolours

Morning,

I didn't sleep much last night. Just didn't feel tired, so I tried to lull myself to sleep by watching an episode of Caprica while stamping. I recently bought some Derwent water colour pencils for a new challenge, and found out too late that Versa colour Black doesn't like getting wet. So I bought myself some Staz On ink which is a solvent ink that can be used on plastics, metals, ceramics etc.



I tend to buy card magazines for the gifts, so I can go for several months without buying any and then buy about 5 in the space of 2-3 weeks. I picked up some Bumble the Bear stamps that came free with a recent issue of Papercraft Inspirations. They are a decent size for colouring in, so I thought I'd spend a little while stamping each image out to see them better, and colour in a few if I wasn't feeling tired.

I also started a new project but it won't be finished for another few days :)





Not sure about this one, but I was just trying out different ways of using watercolours as I've never used them before.



The balloons and candle was part of a separate pack of rubber stamps I picked up in the sale in Hobbycraft for £1.99. The stamps have a birthday theme and I was a bit low on decent sized Birthday stamps (as freebies from magazines tend to be on the small side).

What have you been up to this weekend?

xx

No comments: